CIO and Supply Chain Leader
A multi-faceted CIO and Supply Chain Leader with extensive international and local experience gained in blue-chip companies and the public sector. Experience across all aspects of IT and Supply Chain Management with deep knowledge of both customer/consumer and business-facing industries. Partners effectively with key management and provide leadership and innovation in the development and implementation of the strategy. A track record of delivery ensures a significant improvement in business value. International experience gained working in Europe and Asia. Member of Global and Asia-Pacific management boards A strategic thinker with sound business acumen, combined with a leadership style that inspires and motivates high-performance teams.
- Value Generator
- Strategy Development and Delivery
- Transformation and Change Driver
- Customer Focus
- Improvement of team performance
- Culturally sensitive
- Quality mindset
Vendor Partnerships Specialist (Consultant)
• Designed and implemented a ‘Strategic Partnership’ program to enable the UON to undertake a Digital Transformation through engaging leading global suppliers and their thought leadership, otherwise out of reach of a regional Australian university – Contracts delivered:
- Digital Experience: covering digital strategy; human-centred design and user experience; intelligent campus; digital workplace, personalisation of the learning experience and data visualisation. Technologies from responsive web, and mobile application development; AI for Conversational Interfaces; IOT; through to AR, MR & VR.
- Data: Analytics and Big Data solutions including High Performance Computers (HPC) for Research
- Architecture, Security, Identity Management
• Responsible for the commercial stream of UON’s wholesale and time-critical Cloud migration and transformation program including selection of, negotiation with, and on-going relationship management of partner SI and cloud platform providers, AWS, and MS Azure
Global Head of Service Quality & Supplier Development
• Dramatically changed how BASF interacts with Supply Chain and IS Suppliers – leading to co-innovation; service improvement; and overall value generation for both BASF and Suppliers.
• Delivered multi-million dollar contracts including for migration to SAP Cloud & HANA in-memory computing; and move of 100,000 users to Microsoft 365 & Azure
• Key member of team that designed and delivered a new Operating Model combining Supply Chain and IS into a single Division.
• Responsibility for designing and implementing a Quality Management System (QMS) across the SC & IS Division. Developed a QM Framework based on ISO9001:2015 and Lean Six Sigma focusing on the ‘Voice of the Customer’ as the definition and driver of Quality.
CIO Asia-Pacific, DHL Supply Chain, Member AP Mgmt Board
• Responsible for an IT team of 300+ and budget of €50 million to deliver the IT integrated solutions in support of the physical logistics solutions across DSC’s LLP & 3PL customers
• Developed Asia-Pacific IT Strategy to align with corporate goals. Delivered against strategy by implementing standard solutions leveraging regional skills and a robust technical architecture to reduce cost and improve quality
• Identified and delivered innovative IT solutions enabling DSC to win ‘transformation deals’ i.e. high margin non-core business, including an IT-only Order to Cash solution for Pfizer India
• Achieved significant improvements in Employee satisfaction of 300+ Asia-Pacific IT staff and exceeded targets (as measured by DP DHL’s annual global survey)
General Manager IT
• Delivered an IT Strategy to connect the business with its key resource – ‘the candidate’ whilst also achieving multi-million-dollar savings by re-engineering business processes; bringing systems up to date; leveraging global technology resources and exploiting shared services.
Director, CIO Executive Council
• Created a matrix of skills and competencies for a ‘professional’ CIO by engaging eight leading CIOs from across government, universities, and industry. Matrix accepted as the basis for three major Australian Universities to develop post-graduate programs
Chief Information Officer, Australia/New Zealand
• Initiated the project to consolidate four Divisional IT environments and implement a best practice IT architecture. Led and motivated team to successful completion of $10 million project with € multi-million annual savings; process improvement and introduction of new solutions such as Customer Relationship Management
• Developed a comprehensive sourcing strategy to transform the IT organisation. Negotiated with two major suppliers ultimately resulting in a contract with an Indian solution provider to deliver $15 million savings over five years and guaranteed service level improvements.
• Moved beyond basic compliance to Sarbanes-Oxley legislation to improve overall IT performance. Enhanced Company’s Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) into comprehensive solution, awarded ‘Best Practice’ by Unilever Global Audit Team.
• Implemented IT Governance and Project Portfolio Management solution to ensure effective expenditure
IT Unilever, UK, Holland, Japan, Indonesia
ANZ E Business Manager, Unilever ANZ
ERP Program Director, Streets Ice Cream
ERP Project Leader, Unilever Foods
Indonesia Indonesia: IT Supply Chain Manager / S.E. Asia: I.S. Manager
Japan Information Systems Manager
Holland Senior Business Analyst
UK Analyst Programmer
Majors in Marketing & Computer Studies