Business Leader & Operational Strategist | Creative | Design & System Thinking
CREATIVE. ENERGETIC. PROBLEM SOLVER. PASSIONATE LEADER. with a side of humour.
• Dedicated and pragmatic business leader with over 13 years of experience supporting businesses to build a strong reputation in the hospitality, FMCG and e-commerce industries across Australia and New Zealand.
• C-suite experiences over the past 8 years, strong track record of incorporating innovation into long-term strategic priorities to drive growth
• Strong commercial awareness and experience leading founding teams to take multiple opportunities off the ground through capital raising and acquisitions.
• Energetic problem-solver fuelled by creativity. Successfully founded a plant-based food service company, as well as a socially conscious QSR brand.
• Unique combination of product commercialisation, supply chain optimisation, branding and business development expertise
• Executive Business Leader: Product Development, Brand Development and Positioning, Digital Strategy
Marketing & PR, Sales Strategy
• Strategy Professional: Road Mapping, People Management, Sustainable Business Growth, Change Management, Stakeholder Relations
• Operations Consultant: Financial Modelling, Business Development, Operations & Systems Development,
Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Outsourcing
Siara Health improves health outcomes by delivering bespoke digital tools to innovate communication between healthcare providers and patients.
- Collaborated closely with the CEO and founding teams on strategy, commercialization, and operations
- Scaled revenue models and product strategy to commercialization
- Led company rebrand with a refresh and update of all marketing collateral
- Developed strategy sales roadmap, built and led national Business Development and Sales teams to onboard repeat revenue customers at an average of 150% month-on-month
- Prepared company for due diligence and led founders through their first capital raise.
Laneway Greens is a manufacturer and distributor offering chilled prepped meals through online subscription and FMCG channels.
- Successfully launched a new at-home meal delivery service to the Greater Melbourne metro area within 6 weeks of COVID-19, with 1000 subscribers within 2 weeks of launch.
- Led Sales and Business Development functions to expand channels to independent grocers and supermarket chains including IGA, Metcash, and BP with a multi-million dollar pipeline in place
- Led the Market Analysis and NPD of wholefood prepped chilled meals (FMCG) into the Victorian market achieving 70% month-on-month growth.
- Led the rebrand and repositioning of the brand to align with shifting consumer demographics.
- Transitioned company to an E-commerce (DTC) and Wholesale (B2B) model
- Successfully led 2 further rounds of capital raising to expand the team and operation
- Led the redesign and supply chains architecture operations of the group. Improving the CoG of the group by 7%
- Menu engineering updates tied in with redesign for ergonomic efficiencies. Improving wage cost by 8%
- Audit of all trading years and tidy up of group structure which had beneficial savings north of $1m
- Overcame operational complexities of moving from a single to multi-site group
- Responsible for 6 direct reports and 60 non direct reports and led the change management upon acquisition.
- Successfully led 2 rounds of capital raising.
A plant-based food service company with a mission to meet the demands of the tourism market in New Zealand.
- Led design and construction of a plant-based eatery concept at the Queenstown International Airport with a focus on generating brand awareness
- Implemented growth strategy, achieved 40% MoM growth and multi-million dollar revenue in the first year
- Oversaw B2B sales strategy and achieved acquisition by our largest customer within the first 16 months
- Responsible for NPD, product strategy and brand development
- Responsible for partnerships strategy, implemented a direct-to-consumer distribution and logistics model.
- Led 6 direct reports & 24 non direct reports.
A healthy and socially conscious QSR brand launched in Queenstown to serve a gap in the market to support the emergence of outdoor activity-based tourism boom.
- Successfully scaled group to three sites and facilitated sale to an incoming hospitality group.
Business Strategist – Consulting
NAKD offers one of the softest artesian waters in the world, rich in minerals which are revitalizing for the skin.
- Consulted the CEO/Co-Founder on business strategy, BPO, NPD, roadmapping, supply chain outsourcing and operational development.
Group General Manager
- Responsible for delivery and performance of all venues involving bars, restaurants, and tourism experiences.
- Oversaw 12 direct reports, 150 indirect reports and achieved 75% YoY improvement in staff retention
- Provided strategic business support to the executive team and successfully led an exit to a larger group
Head of Operations and Project Development
- Evaluated acquisitions and responsible for all re-development of venues, concept development and delivery.
- Developed strong partnerships with international and national tourism groups, increased sales volume by 120%.
- Developing road maps and overseeing implementation of technology solutions
- Led team of 8 direct and 80+ non-direct reports in strategic development and execution of operational initiatives
- Strengthened future growth prospects by embedding cloud-based management systems to provide management with hourly and daily data, realized savings of 60 hours per venue and 40 hours at HQ in the first year
- Transformed organizational culture into a team of accountable decision-makers.
Diploma of Applied Horticulture and Horticultural Business Services
Bachelor of Science – BS Electrical Engineering
SVQ Level 4 – Electrical Engineering, HMNB Clyde
great service from a great blo ke