An entrepreneurial manager with over seven years of experience in the FMCG industry
An entrepreneurial manager with over seven years of experience in the FMCG industry including lead roles with established networks in both the distribution and supply sides of the business. Managed teams of up to ten in client-focused environments with multi-million-dollar brand life-cycle management objectives. Dedicated team player committed to sharing industry expertise and collaborating with colleagues and senior management in global corporate frameworks. Currently completing my MBA thesis through Warwick Business School, UK, and actively developing a start-up microbusiness. Seeking to further my career in a diverse range of corporate roles including sales, marketing, supply chain, finance, consulting and management. Multi-lingual with fluency in English, French and Arabic.
Main responsibility is to support the implementation of strategic plans through offering support on research, analysis, and execution:
• Prepared, analyzed, and summarized weekly, monthly, and periodic operational results for use by various key stakeholders, creating sound reports, instructions, and flowcharts.
• Evaluated key performance indicators (i.e. market share, basket size, willingness to pay, purchasing power), provided ongoing reports, and recommended business plan updates.
• Supported the assessment of new launches; data entry, data analysis, data interpretation and visual representation.
• Collected sufficient data to examine the post-launch impacts on sales growth, financials and market share.
• Undertook competitive research and utilized gathered data to identify innovative solutions in specific areas.
Transmed is a full service distributor that manages the entire distribution value chain for Proctor & Gamble, Mars, Danone and Kellogg’s in the MEA region.
Main responsibility is build goodwill and strong relationships with key stakeholders to enhance the effectiveness of the company’s financial expenditures:
• Managed multiple projects and relationships simultaneously for primary accounts and provided integrated client-focused solutions, which helped achieve double digit sales growth and an annual sales record of USD $12M in one account.
• Developed and maintained long-term relationships with key accounts, enhancing client communication with our staff and increased customer service satisfaction.
• Advised on purchasing procedures compatible with specific account regulations that achieved demonstrable influence over customer purchasing behavior, a legacy that remains in use today.
• Negotiated contractual terms with key clients and developed amendments to supplement joint Business Plans while capitalizing on emerging opportunities. Achieved a 20% reduction in contractual spending.
Main responsibility is to analyze data and use it to generate insights to help the organization make better and informed business decisions:
• Planned, designed, and implemented research campaigns, using user interviews and surveys to gather quantitative and qualitative data.
• Analyzed Nielson reports to collect consumer insights and better understand their purchasing behaviors.
‘Crochet by Maguy’ is a micro-business that crafts and sells hand-sewn products in Lebanon and the UAE. It applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in financial and social well-being of Syrian refugees in Lebanon, and Lebanese women in difficult circumstances.
• Managed communication on social media and with third parties, building supply chains and a customer base for the business.
• Identified a suitable national NGO (Kafa) through which to provide women-in-need with crotchet lessons, enhancing their possible earning potential, and work within Crochet by Maguy.
• Created a Christmas initiative aimed at helping Syrian children refugees housed in Lebanese camps in Christmas 2019, which achieved formal partnership with the INGO ‘Save the Children’.
• Developed guidelines and procedures for basic business management including finances, quality assurance, superior customer service, client satisfaction metrics and consumer loyalty.
Thesis topic: ‘To what extend is global leadership culturally contingent? An Australian perspective on how organizations can shape culturally attuned leaders’. The thesis defines developing a ‘global mindset’, ‘intercultural communications’ skills, ‘intercultural conflict-management’ skills and managing diversity as leadership competencies needed to succeed in global environments.