Successful IT Project Manager
I’m an outcome-focused professional ITC Project Manager, skilled in planning, financial control, and strong communications.
I have worked with industry-leading IT outsourcing companies, manufacturing and insurance organizations, Government (Defence, ATO, TAC, and CenITex).
Consultant - Projects
- Providing project management, governance, and customer relationship management for external client’s ITC Application and Mobility projects, in the Tertiary Education Sector.
- These Projects had Project Kick-off and planning, Resource allocation, Schedule, Deliverables execution, Reporting to Customer, Testing, Implementation, and Sign-off.
- ITC Disciplines are in Application and Website Development, and Mobility.
- Applications are very specific to customer needs and involve new research into IT techniques, public data, algorithms, and the use of Android Tablets.
Enterprise Project Manager
This role was for 35 Projects for external client IT Infrastructure and Migration, for 25 Organisations including Corporate, Government and Education Sector.
Each of these Projects had Project Kick-off and planning, Resource allocation, Schedule, Deliverables execution, Reporting, Testing, Implementation and Handover, Sign-off.
IT Disciplines were in Servers, Storage, Backup, Network, Mobility. For Implementations, Migrations, Upgrades, and Relocations.
Customers were CBA Bank, Woolworths, Superpartners, Sydney Water, MMG, TAC, ATO, La Trobe Uni, Downer, Fairfax Media, Coles, Australian Submarine Corporation, Santos, Optus, Tennis Australia, Geelong Grammar School, RMIT Uni, Defence (Vic Barracks), Country Road, Melbourne Water, ATO, CenITex, KPMG, Air Services, Tabcorp, NTT, Australia Post, DXC.
Networks Project Manager
Managed 8 medium-term projects for Optus' major client ANZ Bank. These projects were completed or were progressing well and to Optus satisfaction at the end of the 3-month fixed-term employment.
- 2 ANZ Branch Relocations (Sydney and Melbourne) were successfully completed, incorporating the implementation of IP Telephony over the Optus data carriage network.
- ANZ New York Offices bandwidth Upgrade completed, from 6MB to 10MB.
- ANZ Scotland Data Centres' links migration to 2 new Data Centre links in London and Surrey, in progress.
- 4 Call Centre software upgrade projects for ANZ Bank's own Superannuation and Wealth Management subsidiary, OnePath (recently acquired from ING). Products being upgraded or implemented are Verint Backup, Avaya Call Centre Products, QMC Wallboard Software, and a Firmware Upgrade for a Juniper Firewall.
Enterprise Project Manager
- DR system's application and infrastructure implementation for client Toyota Australia, with DR, switch testing, to client requirements, meeting project delivery timetable of 12 months,
- Implementing clients' various new Infrastructure requirements,
- System operation testing project for a new application for client Toyota,
- New Brocade Switches implementation and configuration for client Telstra,
- Telephony Software and Features Testing projects for client Telstra,
- Supply of expert resources – DBA, Test Manager, and Solaris Engineer - to client Telstra,
- Servers Relocation for client Telstra,
- Preparing detailed proposals for infrastructure projects for clients,
- The Clients were Toyota and Telstra, managing up to 8 projects simultaneously
The organization required an urgent report and recommendations due to its imminent plan to restructure from a Cooperative to a Private Shareholding structure. The organization has very strict legal compliance requirements for AQUIS (Export) and Fishing Quotas. This role required my onsite review and staff interviews, to provide detailed reporting of business operations, I.T. practices, personnel roles, issues identified, and a plan of improvements
e-Commerce Website Project Manager
Managed the process of analyzing the new requirements for a more advanced website for this business, for marketing, sales transactions with banking gateway, back office, then finding a new website solution and implementing it, with corporate data migrated from old website to new. The business sells several thousand lines of communications materials and services for Safety, Health, and OH&S, such as CDs, Posters, Books, Exercise Routines and in-house managed Business Safety programs.