CPA Accountant with over 10 years’ experience
A self-motivated and highly competent CPA Accountant with over 10 years’ experience in managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing, month-end reconciliations, general journals, fixed assets maintenance, EOM management reports and EOY financial reports, BAS, IAS, Payroll tax, Income tax, and FBT obligations.
Proficient in MS Suite, MYOB, QuickBooks, XERO, SAP(ERP) system, and Advanced Excel- dashboards, pivots, lookup.
Global professional membership organisation for chemical, biochemical and process engineers and other professionals involved in the chemical, process and bioprocess industries.
• Processing & management of end-to-end AR & AP, month end journals and reports in Access Dimension software for Australia and New Zealand.
• Fortnightly payroll using KeyPay system for 10 employees.
• Process membership subscription details & payments into NG software.
• Preparation & lodgement of quarterly BASs, monthly PAYG/PAYE tax, and Superannuation for Australia & New Zealand.
• Preparation of schedules for each training course & events by checking registrations on EventsAir software and update payments, follow up payments with delegates, and process credit card payments.
• Liaise with IChemE UK, CFO & staff for month-end reporting and day-to-day operating activities.
• Have been a quick learner, easily adopted to new industries, new systems, and new culture, which was demonstrated during my recent maternity leave contract role at IChemE, where I learned Access Dimension for accounting records & reports, KeyPay for payroll and NG software for membership subscription within three weeks.
National service provider in the commercial cleaning business for over 40 years.
• Detail analysis & reconciliation of general ledgers and processed journal entries for correction of accounting errors in MYOB files for three companies including intercompany management fees & loan balances from year 2016/17 onward.
• Liaised with Tax Accountant to finalized financial statements and income tax returns.
• Analysis of data, preparation of schedules & processed accurate journal entries for 16 chattel mortgage loans by adding chart of accounts for fixed assets, current and long-term loans, unexpired interest, and interest expense.
• Analysed and reviewed data in lodged BASs & IASs ensuring that all transactions have been accounted for accurately and compared with annual sales, payroll & GST in MYOB ledgers and recommend improvements.
• Generate an annual financial statements with commentaries for the company director's review.
• Trained and guide the bookkeeper for accurate processing of financial data and journals.
• 73% tax savings as a result of detailed analysis and comprehensive review in MYOB ledger postings, reconciliation of ledger accounts, and comparing with external accountant's financial statements revealed major errors and processed correction journal entries for year 2016/17 onwards.
• Improved the accurate presentation in the financial statement of loan, unexpired interest, and interest expenses for assets financed by chattel mortgage for year 2016/17 onwards.
Assistant Management Accountant
Manufacturer & Distributor of flexible technical insulation materials with annual turnover around $15mn.
• Generated reports from BEx Analyser in SAP system to prepare daily management reports such as stock in take, daily net sales vs. budgets using Pivot tables and Lookups.
• Prepared weekly KPI - dashboard reporting for management meeting.
• Weekly review of debtor's age analysis and collection of long outstanding dues promptly.
• Single point of contact for off-shore AP process and client face contact for all supplier inquiries.
• Prepared schedules for AMEX expense claims and personal cash expense reimbursements.
• Weekly payroll using the Ascender system.
• Processed month-end accruals, prepayment journals into SAP; prepare schedules for monthly BAS and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Coordinate with Customer Service to ensure timely monthly closing, CN adjustments and to resolve customer claims.
• Recovered old outstanding debtors balance around 90% by effective communication and follow up.
• Have been a quick learner, easily adopted to new industries, new systems, and new culture, which was demonstrated during the initial two weeks, where I learned all about the SAP system, KPI management reports & operations quickly in replacement of departing management accountant.
Provide software solutions and managed cloud services for organisations in healthcare, banking, government and supply chain industries to digitalise, automate and optimise document and information intensive business processes.
• Set up XERO software by incorporating opening balances as at 30 June 2015, processed data entry and reconciliation of bank and credit card bank feeds from 1 July 2015 onwards. (AP, AR, Payroll and bank reconciliations).
• Reconciliation of ledger accounts and processed month end and year end journal entries.
• Processed monthly payroll for 15 employees, comply with payroll tax, superannuation and annual PAYG payment summaries.
• Preparation of quarterly BASs, ensuring that all transactions have been accounted for accurately for Goods and Services Tax and monthly IAS for payroll.
• Analysed and prepared schedules for two motor vehicles purchased via chattel mortgage, create relevant ledger accounts in COA and processed journals.
• Processed batch payments create ABA file and upload for managers' approval.
• Debtors follow up and preparation of cash flow forecast.
• Generated annual financial statement with notes for the company director's review and tax accountant.
• Liaise with various stakeholders, management and external tax accountant for information needed.
• Reconciliation of back log of bank feeds & correction of errors in ledger postings in XERO for year 2015/16 within three months and improved the presentation of financial reports up to date.
Provide accounting and taxation services to individuals and businesses in transport, restaurants, cleaning, travel agents, childcare services, etc.
• Preparation of income tax returns for individuals, sole traders, companies and trusts using Reckon Elite software.
• Preparation of financial reports, BAS, IAS, and annual PAYG payment summaries coupled with compliance projects in personal service income, FBT, CGT, and GST.
• Reviewed and analysed client's financial position for abnormalities. Correct accounts where appropriate and liaised with clients via emails and phone for information needed to finalise bookkeeping, BAS & taxation work.
• Management of end to end client bookkeeping tasks with MYOB, QuickBooks and XERO.
• Maintenance of fixed assets registers.
• Responsible to maintain accurate share investment registers by updating franked and unranked dividends, share purchases and disposals.
• Reconciliation of ATO integrated client account and income tax account with lodged BASs and income tax returns.
• Dealing with Australian Taxation Office for client taxation issues.
Garden and Landscape Supplies
• Overall bookkeeping functions using MYOB Account Right software.