Innovation | Startups | Product | Service Design | User Research
I have consulted to some of Germany’s most innovative companies and to the Australian Federal Government.
I can help you to:
– design new products or service offerings
– evaluate and conceptualize new uses for innovative technologies
– understand your users or customers better
– grow your idea or scale your startup
– successfully engage with startups or corporates for innovation activities and challenges
– connect with investors, leaders and industry experts in automotive, mobility, fintech and health.
I have a strong network in the European and MidWest U.S. startup ecosystems.
– Innovation Consulting –
I advise corporates and public sector clients on how to prototype, use Lean and move fast like startups.
Trusted by clients to conceptualise, design and test uses for innovative new technologies, with a particular focus on automotive, mobility, fintech, AI and Machine Learning.
Able to inspire, motivate and coach teams to perform.
– Product and Service Design –
Extensive experience in co-design with multi-disciplinary client teams and users, with an emphasis on delivery through digital channels.
I take a holistic approach to understand user touchpoints with products and services in the context of their
Hands-on leader and active ‘voice of the user’.
– Startup Founding –
Experienced in all aspects of founding and growing early-stage startups in the areas of automotive and mobility, including working with corporates to identify opportunities to collaborate.
I have also exhibited and spoken at multiple automotive, mobility and tech conferences, including Autonomy Paris, DLD Munich, Viva Technology Paris and MOVE 2020 London.
CEO & Founder
Product Manager & Innovation Consultant
My role was primarily as an innovation consultant to Wirecard AG, a global internet technology and financial services provider. This involved conceptualising and designing new products and technology showcases, testing these with users and presenting them at conferences & events.
A sample of activities:
● Coordinated and QA’d the work of the product and design teams (6 people).
● Co-designed Wirecard’s Innovation Process with the VP of Wirecard Innovation Labs.
● Conducted user research and defined use cases for a POS instant finance service for retail customers.
● Showcased Wirecard’s AI-powered Smartbar at DLD19 Conference in Munich.
● Developed an unmanned store concept that uses Computer Vision technology for seamless shopping.
● Advised on use cases for wearables and contactless payments.
● Managed the naming, branding and UX design for the deployment of a proof-of-concept smart kiosk at the Visa Innovation space at Spielfeld Berlin.
User Research Lead
Tungsten is a secure end-to-end encrypted messaging app, available on multiple platforms. It’s USP is that it’s a very secure messenger that is both easy and enjoyable to use.
● Conducted contextual interviews with users of secure messaging, experts and privacy advocates.
● Facilitated usability feedback sessions on prototypes and advised on prioritisation of feature development.
● Wrote UX copy and QA’d language for development.
Executive Design Manager
ThinkPlace is a strategic design consultancy, working with global leaders to create public value. I worked as an innovation consultant and service designer on some of the Australian Federal Government’s biggest design challenges.
A sample of activities:
● Led teams for client projects as the senior designer and researcher.
● Established and managed ThinkPlace’s usability testing capability.
● Co-designed a new service delivery model for the Department of Defence, applicable to more than 100,000 people. Conducted contextual interviews with uniform and civilian personnel around the country.
● Worked with the Digital Transformation Agency on the Discovery phase of an Agile transformation programme for government services as a Service Designer and research lead.
● Led usability testing activities for the Department of Health’s rollout of the My Health Record service.
Service Delivery and Advisory
– Senior Advisor, ACT Government | 2013 – 2014
– Principal Research Officer, Department of the Senate | 2013
– Team Leader, Products, Australian Crime Commission | 2010 – 2013