Business Transformation – New Business Sales – Marketing - New Product Launches – Process Improvement – Building, Coaching & Leading High Performing Teams
Significant leadership and change management success across healthcare, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, financial services, marketing services, and telecommunications throughout, Australia – New Zealand and Asian Markets A highly resilient, high energy, adaptable and outcome-focused, entrepreneurial leader with expertise in business growth, turnaround, and restructuring, with over 20 years of experience driving profitability, with a strong collaborative approach in conjunction with process improvement focus. Key strengths include consistently demonstrating strong commercial intelligence, motivating, and developing teams, leading complex change management and business transformation activities. Focused on improving systems and processes, building a collaborative and progressive culture, and coaching and inspiring teams to excel.
GENERAL MANAGER – SALES & MARKETING
CKD Healthcare is South Korea’s largest healthcare company with turnover exceeding AUD $3.3 billion and employing more than 88000 staff. For the past 80 years, they have a rich history in research and development in pharmaceuticals, bio actives and scientifically derived probiotic strains.
- Profit and loss management and product commercialization on behalf of CKD Bio, to enter the Australian market under the subsidiary PacificBlue Health.
- Establish, implement systems, procedures, and processes.
- Develop, construct, and implement a go-to-market business plan, marketing strategies & business model.
- Strategy and Implementation launch plans incorporating above-the-line media in concert with digital marketing campaigns across online & social platforms.
- Hire, train, coach, and mentor staff.
HEAD OF SALES & MARKETING
Flynn Health was a start-up vitamin business, funded by private equity investors, with the goal of developing a premium brand and penetrating the Australian pharmacy market, providing the foundations to unlock Chinese Australian market, with the overarching goal of exporting to China.
- Spearheaded the process of developing a distinct brand offering and value proposition within the highly competitive and fragmented complementary medicine category.
- Oversaw the implementation of business processes and procedures on behalf of the investors.
- Comprehensive category and competitor review; constructed brand pyramid; personality; essence; brand mantra communications promise; consumer research; product formula development.
- Competitive expenditure review: investment variability analysis to determine the likely return on investment scenarios.
Enlighten Operational Excellence is a Management Consulting company specialising in working with large organisations to improve operational control, improve planning, processes, coach/train managers, assist in with the change management process and implement Software platforms, to improve performance, efficiency and reduce costs. Main responsibilities involved; project managing a 20-week program to identify redundant processes, implement
- Contracted to provide key guidance and management for a large-scale organisational transformation project focused on the implementation of Management Operating Systems (MOS), implementing performance management software (SAAS) and coaching leaders to drive performance improvement.
- Provided leadership across all project phases, including detailed business process analysis, management consulting and strategic guidance that focused on driving extensive changes to organisational structure, operational expenditure, and performance measures.
- Facilitated and instigated change management activities – change readiness assessment, key stakeholder, and influencer engagement, coaching as well as mentoring and communication plans.
HEAD OF SALES & MARKETING
Hivita is an early-stage vitamin and dietary supplement brand which was purchased by a high nett worth family as an investment, the rationale being to capitalising on the popularity of Australian vitamins, amongst Australian domiciled Chinese, as well as mainland China.
- Lead and direct all sales and marketing functions.
- Mentoring and developing the sales force.
- Manage relationships with third-party sales teams: Liaise and manage relationships with thirdparty/contract sales teams and distributors. Establish as well as implement KPIs and SLAs to ensure effective identification of opportunities and or issues as well as adherence to performance standards. • Managing new product introductions, co-ordination, and management of above the line media, spearheading digital marketing with a focus on Chinese digital channels e.g., WeChat, with a focus on key account management incorporating negotiations with key retailers and pharmacy banner groups.
This was identical to the role performed with Enlighten from Jun 2016 to Aug 2018. The company description, role and achievements have been fully documented above to avoid duplication. I was asked back to assist with other projects according to my ability to establish mutually beneficial client relationships in conjunction with delivering sustainable business improvements.