Sales & Business Development Professional
With over 25 years of Sales, Business Development and Account Management experience working across a
variety of environments and industries, I have developed a critical skill set that has enabled me to excel
and continually deliver successful results.
My experience in sales spans various disciplines across industries, including: Events, Advertising,
Sponsorship, Partnerships, Market Intelligence, Data and Customer Relationship Management.
My most recent role as Sales Manager for a Global MICE Industry event for the last three years has seen
me successfully engage with Resorts, Hotels, Venues, Destination Marketing Companies, Travel Agents,
Tour Operators, Convention Bureaus, Tourism Bureaus and Government throughout Australia and the Asia
My industry knowledge expands to various industry sectors including: Construction, Mining, Oil &
Gas, Transport, Rail, Government, Education, Health, Banking and Finance, Fintech, Hospitality,
Business Events and many others. I am experienced in B2B and B2C sales, liaising with senior ‘C’
Key focus areas include:
- Sales Management
- People Management
- Strategy Planning and Analysis
- Marketing Strategy Planning
- International Business Experience
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Digital Agency Relationships
- Account Management / New Business Development
SALES MANAGER – AIME – Asia Pacific Incentives & Meetings Event
Scope: Sales Manager for The Asia Pacific Incentives & Meetings Event – AIME. AIME is an international event that connects Buyers (Incentive groups Agencies, Corporates and Associations) with Suppliers (Hotels, Conventions Centres, Event Venues, Tour and Travel operators, Airlines, Stadiums, Convention Bureaus, Tourism Departments and Business Events Departments). Key to the role is to re-establish AIME as the leading event for Business Events in the Asia Pacific region. My duties include selling to International markets. In the process I have acquired business with Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia,
Japan, Macau, India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Italy and many bureaus and convention centres around the world.
- Selling to Australian and international markets
- Developing strategies to assist bureaus in maximising their partnership with the event
- Organising sales presentations with clients and their partners.
- Meeting with C Level executives and establishing business negotiations
- Preparing sales contracts in accordance with rules and guidelines as per international standards
- Negotiating and working closely with client’s requirements.
- Developing Sales leads and managing calling list.
Making regular sales calls and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Weekly sales strategy meetings.
- Increased sales by 30% for AIME 2019.
- Increased sales by another 20% for AIME 2020
- AIME 2019 awarded the Best Event over 10,000 sqm at the EEAA Awards
- AIME 2019 finalist for the MEA awards
PARTNERSHIP & SPONSORSHIP SALES CONSULTANT
Scope: Freelance Sales Consultant focused on collaborating with several organisations and building long-term commercial relationships with clients. Key to the role is maintaining strong interpersonal skills and building rapport with a wide range of personalities. Some of my duties included acquiring Partnership and Sponsorship for major events. Aligning key partners brands with major associated events, with outstanding marketing and social media and
digital coverage. Content development and advertising for various publications.
- Developing a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Marketing Strategy
- Engaging relevant stakeholders in decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets
- Conducting market research to identify new market trends and customer needs
- Arranging business meetings with prospective clients including “C” level executives
- Promoting the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Preparing sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Performing appropriate administrative and operational research to support proposal and contract development
- Providing trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Overseeing organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance
- Building long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Serving as primary organizational contact during contract negotiations
EVENTS SALES SPECIALIST
Scope: My role focused on participating in sales and contract negotiation with high profile clients to develop outstanding brand activation through partnership with Fairfax Media events. Key to the role was communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and practicing good negotiation skills. Some of my duties included planning events, communicating with marketing team, and creating proposals for submission to clients. Throughout this role I was able to finalise contracts with several major clients including, but not limited to Maserati, Inova Pharmaceuticals, Toyota, Commonwealth Bank, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Huawei, Technologies, Samsung, Microsoft, Retail Food Group, and Star Track.
SPONSORSHIP SALES DIRECTOR
Scope: My role focused on managing sponsorship and exhibitions sales activities for all events hosted by Quest Events. Some of my duties included analysing marketing trends, planning and implementing marketing strategies as well as forecasting and developing sales quota. This role enabled me to develop strong synergies through managing events in various industry sectors. In this role I retained several customers and secured multiple partnership opportunities with them, reached ROI in a short time span, researched and developed sustainable CRM and database system.
PUBLISHING SALES DIRECTOR
Scope: My role focused on promoting products and services to customers and negotiating contracts with the aim of maximising profits for the company. Some of my duties included development and market testing, market research, development of collateral, managing databases, managing editorial content and marketing strategies as well as coordinating with senior editors in establishing campaigns to promote the organisations developing Australian Agribusiness.
HEAD OF SPONSORSHIPS & EXHIBITIONS
Scope: My role focused on managing all sponsorships and exhibition sales for events hosted by the Mining, Energy, Construction, Oil & Gas team. Some of my duties included assisting companies in developing their sales and brand strategy by connecting them with potential clients, demonstrating safety and OH&S procedures, managing teams such as sales, marketing, operations, production staff and etc. While fulfilling this role, I was able to exceed sales targets every year by 15 - 30% within 5 years of experience.
- Increased sales by 25% - 35% year on year for the Resources Team
- Increased database with new contacts y 25% year on year
Scope: My role focused on overseeing key accounts and implementing strategies to establish long term business contracts. Some of my duties included targeting customer’s requirements and delivering their message to their clients, managing entire sales cycle, negotiating agreements and documentation of sales and data.